Spirit Airlines: One Year at MHT
A Year In Review
Contact: Christina Lawson
Marketing & Public Relations Specialist
On October 7, 2021, Spirit Airlines touched down at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) for the first time. Since their inaugural flight one year ago, Spirit has offered daily flights to popular destinations in Florida and South Carolina and has played a large part in the return of travel to MHT.
June 16, 2021 – Spirit Airlines and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport announce that the airline will begin service later this fall.
October 7, 2021 – Spirit begins flying out of MHT, offering daily flights to both Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Orlando International Airport (MCO). Spirit also announces that they will offer seasonal, daily service to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) starting on April 20, 2022.
November 17, 2021 – Spirit begins four times weekly service to Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in Fort Myers.
November 18, 2021 – Spirit begins three times weekly service to Tampa International Airport (TPA).
April 20, 2022 – Spirit launches daily service to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR). Spirit also extends the seasonal RSW and TPA routes through the beginning of May due to their popularity.
June 5, 2022 – Spirit increases seating on several routes for the busy summer travel season, resulting in an additional 100 seats to the market each day.
Making History at MHT
- Spirit Airlines was the first new airline at MHT in 17 years.
- Spirit is the only low-cost carrier at the Airport.
- Spirit’s flight to Myrtle Beach marks the first time that the Airport has ever had a nonstop flight to anywhere in the state of South Carolina.
- In just one year at the Airport, Spirit Airlines has offered 2,140 flights with 403,416 available seats.*
- Spirit’s flights over the course of their first year made up 22.8% of the total seats in the market.
- The average Spirit flight at MHT has offered 188.5 seats per departure.
*This encompasses all scheduled flights, inbound and outbound, from October 7, 2021, until October 6, 2022.
Spirit Airlines arrives at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport for the first time on October 7, 2021.
ABOUT MANCHESTER-BOSTON REGIONAL AIRPORT
Strategically situated in the heart of New England, Manchester-Boston Regional Airport is located less than fifty miles north of Boston, Massachusetts, and less than an hour’s drive from the region’s most popular ski areas, scenic seacoast beaches and peaceful lakefront resorts. MHT is the premier aviation gateway for the region. For more information, visit www.flymanchester.com.