Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Airport open?
- Passenger terminal is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Airline ticket counters: ~4:00 – 4:30 AM
How long before my flight should I arrive at the Airport?
To ensure that travelers have time to clear security and reach their departure gate, we recommend that all passengers arrive in the terminal building at least 2 hours prior to departure.
Can I accompany a minor child or an elderly traveler or physically challenged passenger to their gate?
Yes, please visit your airline’s ticket counter to request an Authorized Escort Pass.
Where do I go to pick up my pet or other live cargo?
Live cargo arrivals at are handled by the individual airlines; please contact your airline directly to make live cargo arrangements.
Can I bring my pet to the Airport?
Only animals that are service animals, traveling, or a police or security dog are permitted in the terminal building. Click on Rules & Regulations for a complete list of our Rules and Regulations.
Did you lose a personal item or a piece of checked baggage during your travels?
For lost or delayed baggage please contact your airline’s baggage office:
Does MHT have currency exchange?
No. MHT is predominantly a domestic airport, and we do not offer currency exchange services. There are, however, ATMs located throughout the terminal.
Can I reserve a parking space?
Parking reservations are not required but can make your journey through MHT even easier! Reserve parking through this link.
TSA Travel Tips
The tips and informative materials found below will ensure a brief and thorough security experience at any of the airports served by TSA.
- Acceptable IDs – What you need to know about acceptable forms of identification.
- Wait Times – Use the TSA Mobile Application to check wait times at security checkpoints.
- Prohibited Items: TSA – You could be surprised at which items are prohibited – or allowed – on-board an aircraft.
- Prohibited Items: FAA – Additional information on prohibited items and materials.
- Traveling with Children – What you need to consider when traveling with children.
- Special Considerations – Covers numerous topics involving special considerations for religious/cultural needs.
- Persons with Disabilities & Medical Conditions – This area is extensive. After partnering with key groups, TSA has trained its screener work force appropriately.