Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Airport open?
- Passenger terminal is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Airline ticket counters: ~4:00 – 4:30 AM
- Food and retail concessions: ~5:00 – 5:30 AM
How long before my flight should I arrive at the Airport?
To ensure that travelers have time to clear security and reach their departure gate, we recommend that all passengers arrive in the terminal building at least 2 hours prior to departure.
Can I accompany a minor child or an elderly traveler or physically challenged passenger to their gate?
Yes, please visit your airline’s ticket counter to request an Authorized Escort Pass.
Where do I go to pick up my pet or other live cargo?
Live cargo arrivals at are handled by the individual airlines; please contact your airline directly to make live cargo arrangements.
Can I bring my pet to the Airport?
Only animals that are service or therapy animals, traveling, or a police or security dog are permitted in the terminal building. Click on Rules & Regulations for a complete list of our Rules and Regulations.
Did you lose a personal item or a piece of checked baggage during your travels?
For lost or delayed baggage please contact your airline’s baggage office:
Does MHT have currency exchange?
No. MHT is predominantly a domestic airport, and we do not offer currency exchange services. There are, however, ATMs located throughout the terminal.
Can I reserve a parking space?
Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, with over 11,000 parking spaces, there are always spaces available!
TSA Travel Tips
The tips and informative materials found below will ensure a brief and thorough security experience at any of the airports served by TSA.
- Acceptable IDs – What you need to know about acceptable forms of identification.
- Wait Times – Use the TSA Mobile Application to check wait times at security checkpoints.
- Prohibited Items: TSA – You could be surprised at which items are prohibited – or allowed – on-board an aircraft.
- Prohibited Items: FAA – Additional information on prohibited items and materials.
- Traveling with Children – What you need to consider when traveling with children.
- Special Considerations – Covers numerous topics involving special considerations for religious/cultural needs.
- Persons with Disabilities & Medical Conditions – This area is extensive. After partnering with key groups, TSA has trained its screener work force appropriately.